- I’m thankful IMALIVE is there for people to come to when they need it most, and thankful its there for me to be able to volunteer with such a wonderful company!
- For helping me through ever stupid mistake I have made, and allowing me to feel empathy for every living person I know.
- I am thankful that people in crisis trust me to listen to what is going on in their lives and that I am able to make a small difference in some peoples’ lives by talking to them.
- I am thankful that IMAlive is available for people all over the world to reach out when they feel helpless and alone. I tell my students about IMAlive, and I’m thankful that this service is available when people feel they have nowhere else to turn. I am also thankful for my involvement in IMAlive and the ability to do a small kindness for others.
- That there is a place for people to turn to when they need to reach out but a phone call is too big of a step. IMAlive is a great platform that reaches people in a way that they can still connect anonymously to get the help that they seek.
- The opportunity to use my skills to help people.
- Fellow willing volunteers who keep on giving, sharing their time, skills, and passion to save a life and families from grief.
- How supportive other volunteers and supervisors are. IMAlive really is a family.
- I LOVE IMALIVE. I mean as an organization, as a service, what it stands for, the training provided, and etc. I am so thankful to be apart of this organization. But what I’m most thankful for is my fellow volunteers, workers, and supervisors, whose journey brought them HERE. I am thankful that each of us fought through whatever we had to go through in order to gain the life experience we needed to even want to become volunteers. The life experiences that shaped us to value the compassion and understanding needed to be there WITH our people in some of their most vulnerable hours. I am thankful that we get the chance to pay it forward and help others, and that somehow, we were all brought here to do so.
- I am thankful for such wonderful and supportive supervisors who I know I can count on and who make me feel like I can do anything.
- I am thankful that IMAlive exists to allow people to know that they are not alone. IMAlive gives a voice to the voiceless and hope to the hopeless. When people come to IMAlive, they want to be heard, even if for just a brief moment. I am thankful that IMAlive gives that opportunity to others. IMAlive has allowed me to connect with people in a way that I never knew was possible and I am thankful for that. Everyday I wake up thankful to be a part of the IMAlive family; the support and hope I receive from others is able to pour out of me ten fold to those on the other side of the keyboard.
- The opportunity to listen and help people find their own solutions.
- I am thankful for the opportunity to save lives and for the training I have received. It really is an invaluable life skill.
- That there is a free online outlet for people to turn to with trained volunteers that is safe and private for those using it. That even within the site itself there is a network of support between the volunteers and supervisors.
- I’m grateful IMAlive allows people to reach out and actually get involved in helping other people. And I’m also grateful that people have a place they can go to from anywhere in the world.
- I’m thankful that IMAlive gives me the chance to help people who might not have otherwise talked to anyone. Helping someone help themselves inspires me to face my fears and recognize the good in my life.
- I am thankful for our wonderful supervisors that allow us to help people every day!
- IMAlive lets me do something truly meaningful. My job is great, but it not particularly socially-minded. With the addition of IMAlive, I completed a triad in my life – gainful, enjoyable employment, artistic outlets via singing, and social contributions via IMAlive. I feel like my needs are being fulfilled, and every young teenager who contacts us reflects a little of myself from that era of my life, and how much I needed someone to believe in me and tell me that I had the power to work through my problems. Thank you, IMAlive, for letting this be part of my story.