Come help us celebrate our 5th Anniversary on April 12th. We hope to have people from all over the world make our IMALIVE cake, and post your creations online. Here is our special cake recipe, created by our volunteer Nicki.
IMALIVE 5th ANNIVERSARY CAKE
(Note: Cake in photo was made with 3 layers.)
Ingredients for the IMALIVE vanilla sponge cake:
Makes a 2 layer cake
2 cups of cake flour or 2 cups all-purpose flour & 2 teaspoons corn flour.
1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder.
1 cup of sugar.
1/2 cup of milk.
1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
2 teaspoons of vanilla essence.
*add lemon and lemon zest (for extra flavor, if you’d like)
Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Grease two pans, leave aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar with a mixer in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the oil, milk and vanilla.
- Sift in flour and baking powder and mix well until smooth in consistency.
- Separate evenly into the two well greased pans and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Ingredients for the buttercream frosting:
1/3 cup of butter at room temperature.
4 cups of powdered sugar/ icing sugar.
1/4 cup of milk.
1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla essence.
- Beat butter until light and fluffy and add ½ of the powdered sugar.
- Add the milk, vanilla essence and the rest of the powdered sugar and mix well together.
Have fun creating your cake. Share it online with us.
Twitter – @_IMAlive
Instagram – imalivechatline
Facebook – IMAlive
Tumblr – imalivecrisischat