Today National Volunteer Week concludes. And of course we couldn’t let it end without thanking our amazing volunteers. Thank you for everything you do, helping others in their crisis and empowering them. IMAlive wouldn’t exist without you and wouldn’t be able to offer a necessary service to people in crisis:
Here is what is being said about IMAlive volunteers:
- They are a force of light. Time and time again, I am amazed at how they carry the hurt and confusion of a crisis and transform it into a universal spirit of care for everyone. I have learned so much from their many stories of resilience and all-encompassing kindness, no matter what they have been– or are faced with. They are IMAlive. They are this family. And I am so thankful I have the opportunity to work alongside them everyday.
- The volunteers here have so much heart and care so much for others. They are some of the best people I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with.
- If it weren’t for our volunteers, we wouldn’t be where we are today. So thank you.
- Our volunteer’s selfless love and devotion could never be quantified on a pay check.
- Volunteers are some of the most empathetic people that I know, who give without expecting anything in return, due to the kindness of their hearts.
- Volunteers are some of the most amazing people giving up their time to help others see the hope that has been lost.
- It is amazing to watch our volunteers grow as crisis responders. With each chat they take, they truly flourish in confidence and belief in their abilities to talk to those in crisis.
And here are some reasons why our volunteers do what they do:
- Volunteering with IMAlive has given me the chance to fight for those who struggle to find their voice in moments of darkness.
- I have learned so much about myself through volunteering with IMAlive. I have developed so much as a person and I am forever thankful for this opportunity to volunteer with such an important organisation.
- IMAlive has given me a great sense of purpose. In helping others, I have also helped myself and grown as a person in ways I never thought I could.
- I volunteer to make a difference in the world, one crisis, one person, one chat at a time.
- I volunteer because my friend felt like he couldn’t talk about it, and lost his battle.
- Joining IMAlive as a volunteer is one of the best things I have ever done. Dedicating my time to learn more about mental health, speaking to people in crisis and now supervising other volunteers has shaped my life in a positive and uplifting way. I never thought I could make the difference I do and I certainly never thought that something could make such a difference in my life…but here we are, changing the world as a team.
- Finding words to describe why I volunteer is hard, because I get back as much as I put in. It’s not a thankless job and to meet like minded individuals who are also so devoted without needing anything in return, is indescribable.
- I volunteer because if I am able to give to others and improve the world even if the smallest of ways it’s the least I can do given the privileges I enjoy.