Today, IMAlive will be standing in solidarity with GLAAD and supporting Spirit Day.
Today shouldn’t be the only day that we speak out against LGBTQ+ bullying and harassment but today is the day that the issue becomes visible. LGBTQ+ youth disproportionately face bullying and harassment and it needs to stop.
There are so many reasons why this cause needs to be supported and LGBTQ+ youth, but not just youth, need to know that their life matters and they are deserving of love. But who best than our own volunteers to give you so many different reasons why:
- I am setting an example to my kids to love and accept everyone for who they are.
- Everybody deserves to embrace their uniqueness no matter who you love.
- Every human deserves to feel love, happiness and support. LGBTQ+ community have gone through so much and it shouldn’t be this way. They should get live in peace just like any of us.
- Everyone deserve to be treated with love and respect.
- Kindness goes from heart to heart, it doesn’t stumble upon how you look or who you love.
- When people are accepted for who they are, they are better able to believe in and focus on achieving their dreams
- Everyone is fighting their own battle you cannot see.
- It can be the final cut string between living and dying.
- Openness may not completely disarm prejudice, but it’s a good place to start.
- No good comes from causing others pain.
- No one should have to feel like they need to fight their battles alone.
- Your fear does not justify cruelty towards others.
- It hurts forever.
- The imprint you leave today will last a lifetime.
We hope that you stand with GLAAD and us but most importantly LGBTQ+ youth as well and stand up against bullying and harassment of the community.
Let us know why you support Spirit Day in the comments below.
If you are a victim of bullying and harassment and are in crisis and/or are considering suicide please start a chat here.